When you record a Join.me presentation you will get a link to a join me page that allows you to view the recording or donwload on .WEBM format.
WEBM presentations are typically viewable in modern browsers like firefox or mozilla latest editions. Internet Explorer requires additional codec packs in order to play such files.
If you want to edit the presentation or just to send it as an attachment to a customer for filing, it is advisable to convert it to a more generally accepted format.
Note: This are Windows commands but you can download the Mac or Linux versions as well and follow the same process with the equivalent executable files for those operating systems.
Here is how:
- Download ffmpeg command line transcoder tool from here and umpack to a folder: https://ffmpeg.org/download.html
- Within the unpacked directory within bin folder you will find the ffmpeg executable file.
- Execute the command: < ffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i "input-file-name.webm" -r 24 "Output-file-name.mp4" >
- Replace the input and output filenames with the corresponding path\filename of the file you want to convert.
- Review the output .mp4 file with your default media player to confirm that the file converted well.
- If you can test the file will play on the type of computer the customer uses, that is even better.